Supports patient diagnosing and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
* Approves new biomedical equipment by conducting tests; ensuring adherence to codes; making modifications.
* Installs new biomedical equipment by establishing, adjusting, calibrating, and testing performance.
* Maintains biomedical equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules; conducting tests; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting and repairing malfunctions; calling for special service; evaluating service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories.
* Directs biomedical equipment operation by providing equipment operation demonstrations; instructing other healthcare staff in use and care of equipment; answering questions; providing information.
* Evaluates proposed biomedical equipment by conducting tests and evaluations.
* Improves biomedical equipment performance by studying machine-patient interaction; conferring with equipment users; developing modifications; collaborating with equipment manufacturers.
* Maintains biomedical equipment supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
* Prepares biomedical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintains patient confidence by keeping information confidential.
* Maintains safe and healthy working environment by conducting safety tests; recommending and complying with procedures; training and guiding medical and healthcare personnel; complying with codes.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications; maintaining personal networks.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Able to Repair a wide variety of Medical Equipment
* Able to Repair Medical Equipment to component level
* Demonstrated and Proven Leadership Skills
* Able to work under pressure with multiple projects simultaneously.
* Well versed on JCAHO Standards
* Able to maintain and Update Maintenance Management System
* Wide Knowledge of the Use of Test Equipment involved for testing biomedical equipment
* Must have Excellent Electronics and Electronics Troubleshooting Experience
* Must be Organized and Efficient in performing Biomedical Engineering Department Duties
* Must have excellent communication and report writing skills
Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Infection Control, Training Management, Lab Environment, Clinical Lab Testing, Confidentiality, Equipment Calibration, Sterilization, Conceptual Skills
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- dress code option-1