Maxim Government Services (MGS) is currently seeking Audiologist to provide services at the VAMC in Stockton, CA.
• Excellent opportunity to gain entry into federal employment
• Rewarding experience in public service for your country
• Easy travel: federal Property allows you to work on any active, unrestricted state license
Maxim Employee Benefits Include:
• Health Benefits through Blue Cross Blue Shield
• 401K Savings Plan
• Perkspot Employee Discount Program
• Employee Assistance and Work/Life Program Specialists and Counselors available 24/7
• Maxim College Partnership Program
• Direct Deposit
• Travel and Relocation Assistance, as applicable
1 year of professional experience and unrestricted license to practice audiology.
Master’s degree or its equivalent in audiology or hearing science from an accredited college or university; or, a master’s degree, or its equivalent, in speech-language pathology, communication sciences and disorders, or a related field, from an accredited college or university.
Licensure: Full, active, current and unrestricted licensure in a State, Territory, Commonwealth, or the District of Columbia.
Schedule: Part-time; 3 days per week. You may pick which days work best for you.
Pay rate: $50/hr+$100/day travel.
• Has knowledge of contemporary audiology practice; Ability to perform functions associated with contemporary audiology practice. Measures hearing using a comprehensive audiologic evaluation to include otoscopy, tympanometry, acoustic reflexes, pure tone air and bone conduction threshold testing, speech threshold testing, word recognition testing, central auditory processing testing, and distortion product optoacoustic emissions. Compensation and Pension audiologic evaluations may also be required.
• Develops coherent treatment strategies to include hearing aid fittings, assistive listening device fittings and any other rehabilitation necessary to meet the veterans’ needs; Devices will be fit using evidence based methods such as speech mapping and real ear verification. Outcome measures will be obtained and recorded.
• Has knowledge of tinnitus and tinnitus management strategies, offering treatment solutions such as the progressive tinnitus management (PTM) method and/or assistive devices for appropriate tinnitus candidates.
• Thorough understanding of basic audiological clinical services and the ability to perform them independently; ability to maintain clinic supply, certify/issue incoming hearing aids, repairs, and other audiology related items. Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with audiology chief not located on site.
• Provides consultation to other healthcare professionals at the community based outpatient clinic
For further information and/or to apply to this opportunity, please contact Mallory Plotner at 443-430-8318 or email your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maxim Government Services (MGS), a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc., is a leading provider of physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and specialty care personnel to Federal, State and Local Government clients nationwide. Operating under Federal Supply Schedule #V797D-30238, MGS delivers healthcare staffing services to the U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and other Federal Medical Treatment Facilities (MTFs). We have gained the trust of our clients and established recognition by placing emphasis on recruiting experienced professionals and offering a comprehensive level of customer service.
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- dress code option-1