As a member of our actuarial pricing team, you will be working to drive profit and growth by helping to determine proper insurance rates for Kemper’s home and auto lines of businesses. Your experience in personal lines homeowners & auto insurance will give you expertise to create rate level indications to perform actuarial analyses for rate-making purposes and analyze moderately complex internal management information. You will be adept at compiling your analysis into internal and external reports, and designing new templates.
Expand your knowledge and experience with opportunities to work on both Enterprise Risk Management and Catastrophe Modeling projects. Kemper also provides support for successful exam completion and attainment of your actuarial credentials.
• 3+ years of experience as an Actuarial Analyst, demonstrating the ability to prepare and analyze complex actuarial reports. Pricing experience is a plus.
• Education equivalent to a college degree in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics or related field, or the equivalent in related work experience.
• Passed three or more of the Casualty Actuarial Society examinations.
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $11 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation’s leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in auto, home, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) and Infinity Property & Casualty is rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper companies service seven million policies and rank among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
•Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- dress code option-1